Friday, January 25, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Easter Cards

Good Friday Morning,

It was a cloudy and rainy day here in the desert.  One of the advantages of the clouds was -- we had an amazing sunrise and I just wanted to share such a beautiful way I got to start my day.  (The pictures are below the cards if you want to take a peek)

Anyway on to the task at hand -- this challenge calls for making an Easter card.  Well I decided to try my hand at Tuesday's tutorial - the chalkboard technique.  I made two cards - one with Easter sentiments and then tried my hand at the technique on card number two.  I'm too sure about the Easter rendition but I am going to post it anyway and get your opinions.  The second card I decided to try and minimize the lettering and I think I like it a little better.  I've taken a close up of each "chalkboard" making it easier to see the "blackboard" nuances.

Well thanks for taking the time stop in and say hello.

Blessings,

Sharon S.











This was when I first went outside around 6 am - I thought there was a fire
the sky was so red - I don't remember ever seeing like this


This was about 20 minutes later -- it was beautiful

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the pictures you shared as well!

Nancy Keller said...

Oh wow those are all so great! I love that these chalkboard cards can be done for any occasion and you've proved it... Even Easter! What a pretty sunrise to wake up to. I'm afraid I've got nothing to share but cold grey winter skies! Brr! You've warmed my day. :) thanks for playing along!