Sunday, May 12, 2013

OWH - Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge

Hello,

Hope everyone had a good day and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms too.  I enjoyed my day -- did a little card making, little bit of laundry and most important spending time with hubby and talking with my two grown kids and my sister on the telephone.  All-in-all it was a great day.

Thanks for stopping in to say hello.  I really appreciate your comments and enjoy hearing from you.

Hugs and blessings,

Sharon


OWH Sketch #172



I made two cards using this sketch.  I changed it a bit -  I off set the
stamped image just for something different.  For both of these cards
I used SU stamps - Feeling Sentimental for both images and the
sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  The DSP is This & That Epic Day
The button was punched from MS button punch.  



I was casing one of Jane's cards from Friday's OWH Featured Cardmaker post.
In honor of her and all she accomplished for our heroes we were asked to
case one of her cards.  I varied it a little and hope I captured a little of
her spirit and talent in my rendition.

I embossed SU soft suede card stock with one of Tim Holtz Allerations
embossing folder.  The watch stamp is from Stampers Best and I believe
the sentiment is too.  I heat embossed the watch with gold embossing
then stamped the face with black ink and fussy cut the watch face out.
The metal gear I had in my supplies - not sure where purchased.
I used SU oval framelit dies to cut the ovals.

3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Great take on this week's sketch. Love the vintage look of your images and the way you off set the panels. Your card for Jan'es honor is just lovely. You've done a wonderful job honoring her.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Great job with the sketch. Love seeing SU products!

Linda said...

Great cards...those SU images are perfect! Great button treatment! NJ on the oval behind the clock! tfs!!!