Sunday, October 2, 2011

OWH Sketch Challenge 89

Good Sunday afternoon -- it has been awhile since I've posted a card.  It has been a fun but busy summer.  It feels good to get back to participating in the Sunday Sketch Challenges.

I felt like doing something with snow but then I realized I don't have any snowman stamps or digis soooo I sketched a snowman to use on todays card.  Then I wanted to outline him in silver and low and behold -- not a silver marker, gel pen or anything so I decided just to color his carrot nose and let it go at that.  I used paper from  a DCWV Christmas paper pad that a neighbor gave me last year.  (She knew I like to make cards -- very lucky to have nice neighbors.)  To make the snowflakes I used a punch from Martha Stewart. I used silver ribbon for the three strips.

Since I've been home I have done a couple of other cards for the state digi challenges but never posted them so I'll post them now too.

Enjoy the rest of today -- and thanks for stoppin' in.



I am so tickled Sandy was able to complete the Nevada Digi.  I'll be taking the Any Hero Sheets over to the school district and show them what they helped accomplish.  The Nevada Digi Card I tried to incorporate the state colors -- blue and silver.  It turned out to be kind of a plain but that's okay --  I am going to use this for an Any Hero Card.   I'll try my had at another one.



This was another state digi Sandy completed -- I did this one in Utah's colors too.  Yellow and black.  I'll use this one for an Any Hero Card too.






5 comments:

Linda said...

Love all three! You did a wonderful job with the sketch. Love the ribbon and accents! TFS!!!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

I love your snowman. Thanks for sharing.

Carol L said...

Great cards! Love the sketch card and you did a wonderful job on the state digi images too!

Julie said...

All great cards! Nice job sketching that snowman, and I love the touch of bling on the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wonderful cards! You sketched your snowman, wow :) how cool is that?! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!