Monday, July 27, 2015

Final OWH Sketch #259 and Last ODBD Challenge

Good Monday Afternoon,

Well the end is near - that is for OWH - August 1st.   I sent my last box in to OWH last week so I decided to make the last sketch for another hero.  It is a K-9 by the name of Koda and he had been battling cancer and fought a good and courageous fight but his health had deteriorated and they had to make a heart breaking decision to lay him to rest.  He served with the Vacaville PD in California for 8 years.  This is the town we raised our family and many family and friends are still there - so I decided to make a card for Officer Kelli Gottlieb in honor of Koda.

I also made the a card for the last ODBD Challenge - last I looked they were still short of reaching their goal.  We are to make a "Thank you" card.

I am wishing Sandy the best in her new endeavors and want to say Thank You to Sandy and all the many volunteers that gave so much to OWH.   I've learned so much through OWH and I feel the quality of my cards improved from those cards I first sent to Sandy.  I bet she shuttered when many of first started sending cards.  LOL

May you have wonderful journeys and I know many of us our paths will cross as we find other challenges to stretch our creative talents.

Blessings to all,

Sharon




I used ODBD strawberry stamp for the strawberries.  I have another
challenge for a local Club in the area to make something with
whatever grows and thought these would be perfect.

1 comment:

Donna Hanley said...

Sharon these two cards are beautiful, but of course my heart is with your first cards because of the reason you had to make it. I had to make the same type of card as you did for my doctor this week. She lost her "baby" who is my "baby's sister pup. It is always so heart braking. That being said I am now craving a nice ripe strawberry after seeing this sweet card. I just love the layout of this one with the papers and doily. It is wonderful to think of all we've learned over the OWH years and the friends we've made. We'll all keep in touch I'm sure. Enjoy your day.