Thanks for stopping in -- I made a "Thinking of You" card for this weeks OWH Midweek Challenge using one of my newly discovered favorite techniques -- Stained glass window technique using acetate, white glue, tissue paper, re-inkers and a little bit of glitter. A great way to have a little sparkle and not worry about the glitter for our heroes.
Here's my creation for this challenge:
|Supplies: Stampin' Up (SU) card stock, embossing folder and leaf die. Ribbon is|
Offray - Metallic Web Copper -- Sentiment is from Hot Off the Press. Leaf punch
from stained glass acetate I made. I didn't use any stamps on leaf.
Here is a quick snapshot of what I use:
1. I place the acetate sheet on a sheet of wax paper for easy removal
2. Smear a thin film of white glue all over the sheet with your finger (you could use a paint brush but I feel I get better coverage and consistency using my fingers)
3. Add 3 small dots of your choice of color re-inker (you can mix colors or just use one color)
4. Swirl around with you finger to get desired color(s)
5. Optional (add glitter or sparkle of your choice)
6 Crinkle up a sheet of tissue paper and place over the mixture of glue, re-inker and glitter -- smooth out so the tissue lays down -- the more wrinkles in the tissue paper the more texture
7. Pull the completed acetate sheet off the wax paper for drying -- I usually place the tissue side down on another piece of wax paper on a flat surface while it dries
8. Once dry -- you leave it blank or you can stamp your image or sentiment on the acetate using StazOn ink. The color Black seems to work best when stamping. (This card I didn't stamp any image on the leaf)
I know this is a brief overview so if you have questions -- please feel free to ask me in the comments section and I'll do my best to clarify.
Below are some pieces of these window sheets I've made -- I used the sheet on the bottom right for my leaf on the card above. The colors on the sheet are Cajun Craze and Garden Green from Stampin' Up.
Thanks for stopping in -- have a great weekend and hope you have to time enjoy OWH World Card Making Day bloghop.