Sunday, May 29, 2011

OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge 71

My oh my -- I am still going through the bloghop -- so many wonderful cards to see.  Thank you to all that stopped by and left me such kind words.  I took a bit of break today to do a card for sketch 71 and it took me more time than I wanted to come up with color scheme, stamps, etc.  Some days it just happens fast and easy -- today wasn't one of those days.  My husband reminded me that's part of the fun of being creative, right?   The sample card maker, Carolynn, did a wonderful job -- she made it look soooo easy.  Anyway, on to my card.




The skectch is easy enough -- I just had a hard time picking papers and colors today.  The black patterned paper is from Jenni Bowlin's ClassicRed/Black Paper Pad, the rest of the papers were all generic papers that I have in my stash of papers.  The sentiment is from Stampendous and I don't know where I got the little bee stamp.  The ribbon is from some scraps I have and the daisy flower is from Jolee's Boutique.

Please take a moment silence tomorrow (Monday, 5/30/11) at 3 pm and think about our fallen soldiers.

Have a good week and thanks for stopping in.

Thanks,

Sharon

4 comments:

Julie said...

Great card, Sharon! I love the black/white/yellow color scheme and the little gingham center in the flower is too cute. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Carol L said...

I love how all your colors and DP coordinate with the theme of your card! That's a really cute bee image too!

Donna Hanley said...

Sharon, Adorable card. I love the flower embellishment. The whole card just goes together so nicely. thank you for sharing.

Louise Fox said...

Sharon, I can relate to what you are saying about struggling with colors, etc., but one would never, ever think so by looking at your card. Its very lovely. Blessings.